新东方网>石家庄新东方学校>学习园地>英联邦考试>正文

与英国人该怎样交流?哪些话绝对不要对英国人说?

2017-10-10 14:00

来源:网易教育

作者:

What should you never say to a British person?

哪些话绝对不要对英国人说?

When I studied abroad in the UK, every room came equipped with an electric?kettle?for making tea.

当我在英国读书的时候,每个宿舍房间都配有一个煮茶用的水壶。

I foolishly asked the British students, “Why do you need a kettle? Can’t you just make your tea in the microwave?”

我当时傻里傻气地问我的英国同学:“你们为什么要用水壶?不能直接用微波炉来泡茶吗?”

Their response:NOOOOOOO......

而他们的反应是:不........

At least they didn’t kill me.

谢天谢地,他们没有处决我。

Never assume that a British person is English.

绝对不要想当然地以为一个英国人是英格兰人。

It will be highly resented by the Scottish, Welsh, and certain Irish people.

这会惹毛苏格兰人、威尔士人以及一部分爱尔兰人。

And never assume that what English people do is typical of what British people do.

而且,也不要以为英格兰人干的事就是全英国人都干的事。

There are over 130 languages spoken in Britain, and the Scottish, Welsh, and Irish have their own languages, apart from that, they sometimes speak English in accents that are indecipherable to most English people.

英国总共有130多种语言,苏格兰人、威尔士人以及爱尔兰人都有自己的语言;除此之外,他们有些人的英语口音是英格兰人根本听不懂的。

Also, there are very few English people who speak English in the way it is spoken by News readers, actors, or politicians.

另外,实际上只有很少英格兰人的英语听起来像新闻播报员、演员和政客那样。

‘Thanks’ or ‘That’s okay’ just after someone says ‘Sorry’ to you.

如果有人对你说“对不起”,不要回答“谢谢”或者“没关系”。

The correct response is for both of you to say ‘Sorry’ and keep saying it until you’re well out of earshot.

正确的做法应该是双方都说“对不起”,而且要一边走远一边说,一直到对方听不见。


新东方石家庄学校 (微信号:helloxdf

及时获取本地权威教育资讯,随时随地的贴身学习顾问,英语学习的好帮手、课程规划的好助手!

相关推荐

  • 热门新闻
  • 热门活动
  • 留学资讯
  • 中学资讯

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。